This week I have been watching the online Fat Summit 2 where specialists have been discussing Fat v Fiction and the paradigm shift in Nutritional advice about FAT. The information that these Summits share, for free, is priceless. The internet, the most powerful way of sharing information and affecting change – so a huge Thank you to Mark Hyman MD and his team.
The Chronic Diseases that are causing misery to millions and crippling our Health Services can be prevented and even reversed by lifestyle changes and changing to a LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) diet.
DIABETES DEMENTIA ALZHEIMER’S PARKINSON’S HEART DISEASE
Here is a ‘crash course’ summary to highlight the main points:-
- Carbohydrate is not an essential nutrient, Protein and Fat are.
- Saturated Fat makes Cholesterol stable whereas high Omega 6 oils make it unstable leading to heart attacks
- Even Type 1 Diabetics can significantly reduce their Insulin on LCHF Diet – under medical care.
- Type 2 Diabetics can frequently, significantly reduce their medication in as little as two weeks
- Globally over 2 Billion people are overweight
- Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin Resistance epidemic. 75% of adults in USA are insulin resistant.
- Our Brains are made of Fat
- Breast milk is 25% Fat
- Fat protects cellular membranes and mitochondria
- Fructose raises blood Triglycerides
- Fructose as a cause of Gout
- 50% of calories from Saturated Fats and Triglycerides go down, HDL Cholesterol Up, LDL down, no inflammation and lower diabetes risk.
- No:1 risk factor for Cardiac risk is Insulin Resistance
- Vitamin D and Omega 3 and 7 oils must be optimised for good health
- High sugar, high carbohydrate diet plus low fat leads to digestive problems, poor microbiome and weight gain
- Bile deficiency can lead to allergies, joint pain and Hypothyroidism
- Risk factors for Neurodegenerative disease – sugar and insulin resistance. Sometimes termed Type 3 Diabetes
- Treatment by diet, supplements and exercise can reverse Alzheimer’s, Dementia etc. and increase in Hippocampus volume proving brain tissue can regenerate following detoxification.
This information really interested me, bearing in mind the mass reactions in our Communities at present. Is it an indication of our predominantly glucose fuelled brains that we are feeling out of touch with nature, lacking control and aggressive?
- Sugar fuels the areas of the brain that fuel Fear, Anxiety, fight and flight, violence and negativity.
- The Higher centers of the brain that concerned with Spirituality, creativeness, Community and Nature are fuelled by Ketones from fat burning.
Today, Nov 14th is Encore Day of the Fat Summit 2 where you can access all the talks or buy the series.
For more information on LCHF diet see my Post – Low Carb High Fat Basics
For more information on all aspects of health check out
Dr.Mark Hyman (Functional Medicine) at drhyman.com