More reasons not to eat wheat.
Modern wheat production, as well as corn and soy, is using an increasing amount of a herbicide called Glyphosate(manufactured as Roundup). The use of this product has escalated over the last 15 years in step with Genetically Engineered crops. There are many concerns about Glyphosate and research is on going around the World especially concerning the exceptional rise in Autism, Alzheimer’s, Celiac Disease and Cancer as it disrupts a wide variety of minerals in the body. For instance, research shows that Glyphosate interferes with Sulphur/Sulphate pathways in two areas
- Sterols – cholesterol, vitamin D, sex hormones and DHEA
- Neurotransmitters – Dopamine, Melatonin, Serotonin and adrenaline.
Sulphur is essential for our detoxification and anti-inflammatory systems. A deficiency of sulphur may show itself as problem with the growth of nails and hair or skin.
Glyphosate also acts as a transporter for Aluminium directly into the brain and Aluminium is used as an adjuvant in some vaccines (DTP-diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine, some Hib flu vaccines, pheumococcal conjugate vaccine, Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccines, Human Papilloma virus vaccine, Anthrax and Rabies vaccines). It is also in many foods we eat, personal care products like deodorants and any medicines as well as infant formula – about 5 times higher than in breast milk.
For an in depth interview between Dr Mercola and Dr. Seneff go to You Tube.
How to combat the effects
Avoid wheat, corn and soy as much as possible or buy organic products.
Eat and drink plenty of Polyphenols –
- tea, coffee and red wine (resveratrol)
- colourful fruit and vegetables
- Curcumin, Turmeric, mustard and yellow peppers
- Coconut oil and coconut butter as these can transport sulphates to the liver from the gut.
- eat plenty of sulphur foods – broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, brussel sprouts, turnips, bok choy, garlic, onions, leeks and chives plus eggs, especially the whites.
- Buy organic as much as possible and grow some of your own food if possible.
- Use Celtic sea salt
- Bathe in Epson Salts
Much of the research in this field is coming from China and The China Development Strategy Research Committee recently hosted a conference in Beijing for Chinese and International Experts to discuss the global harm caused by GMO and glyphosate based herbicides. For full details go to Sustainable Pulse. China does not have the political link to Monsanto – an American chemical, agricultural Biotech Corporation, therefore research and information does not get suppressed as easily as it does elsewhere. The Chinese Government have already banned the growing of GM Rice but they do manufacture the herbicide and they are the largest importer of GM Soy.