Research has shown that cancer, heart disease and many other diseases are often caused by bad diet. If you really want to be healthy and stay healthy
Here are some quick health hints –
You know it makes sense …just do it!
- Eat some saturated fat – meat, dairy products but no trans-fats or hydrogenated fats (read the labels)
- Eat more unsaturated fats – essential to the functioning of every cell in our bodies. Olive oil, nuts, avocado, eggs, fish (especially oily fish -like sardines)
- Eat minimal sugar – it feeds cancer cells and has no food value to normal cells
- Don’t drink sodas or soft drinks with added sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- Drink more water and herb teas
- Limit yourself to 1 coffee and 2 units of red wine a day- max.
- Eat more wholefoods and don’t get constipated.
- Eat minimal white flour products, white pasta, white rice (except Basmati)
- Snack on nuts -walnuts, pecans, almonds, brazils but not peanuts.
- Have a little dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids or more) it is good for you.
- Eat more than 5 fruits and vegetables a day.
- Make your meals as colourful as possible
- Get some exercise at whatever level you can cope with.
- Get motivated by reading Health Blogs everyday!
For a good food chart see links.